How do you clean macbook pro screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Squirrelflight, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Squirrelflight macrumors member

I sometimes use a Screen Cleaner I got from Staples, though it tends to leave smudges you have to wipe away with another glasses cloth.

I use a glasses cloth and sometimes add water. Though that too often leaves smudges or streaks you need to wipe away. I read not to use tap water, but what else can you use?

Just want to know what is safe to clean the screen with since screens get dirty very fast!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have always used a slightly damp micro fibre cloth to clean both the screen and body of my Mac's. Just wipe over with the damp cloth, and follow up with a dry one. No chemicals, no third party stuff at all, although some here swear by Iclear, I've just never needed it.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I throw mine in the dishwasher with a mild detergent. I make sure to only put it on the short cycle. If its in there too long the heat will melt the keys.

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I open mine up and lay it in the pickup bed when going through the car wash. (Along with all the dirty dishes and laundry we've accumulated that month).

But when the truck is in the shop I use this:

DRACK94378.JPG

With a soft cotton towel. It's cheap, lasts forever and most importantly it's ammonia-free. Works on the whole laptop. Been using it on all my macs for years.