How Do You Clean the Inside of a Camera Bag?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Designer Dale, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Hi, folks.

I found a sticky film in part of the interior (bottom) of my Crumpler 7MDH. I think it is residue from a stick of gum that fell in there. The wrapper was still sealed, but it seems to have vaporized something or other into my bag.

The interior is that fuzzy protective material. Any thoughts on how to clean it? I know I can pull the dividers out but I'm not sure what to use on it.

Thanks

Dale

PS: Thanks for those involved in the many recent "Camera Backpack" threads. I followed them and got the Kata 3N1 20. Just right for now. I've learned to add "for now" to a lot of camera related statements...:)

2. TheXIIIth macrumors member

Perhaps one of those Tide or Shout spot/stain treatment pens they sell.
    My personal favorite is this stuff called FOLEX. This stuff removes just about everything and leaves no residue.

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Just plain old blue Dawn dish soap. Works great on carpets too without doing anything to the fibers as well. Had a small spill on my Booq bag while it was open and that took care of it.

4. Designer Dale thread starter macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think that I was the only person to ever mess up the inside of a camera bag.

I should have thought of Dawn in the first place. I have helped with several bird cleaning operations after oil spills, ant they used Dawn to clean the gunk off feathers.

Thanks again

Dale