How do you clean the Power Support Crystal Film Accessory?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by msizzle64, Aug 28, 2007.

1. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

When applying it, i touched the bottom sticky part and its full of fingerprints. it looked horrible when i applied it to the phone again. i tried washing the top and bottom with water and iClear, but then how do i dry it. every towel i tried added hairs and dust to the back. Any ideas? :confused:

;):apple:

2. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

take the film off, clean the phone with a soft, non-lint cloth (cotten of sort or the one that came with the iPhone) and use the second film. :)

3. msizzle64 thread starter macrumors 6502

msizzle64

Wow, thanks for the help, but then why does it say on the box that it can be removed, washed, and reaplied? I don't want to replace the film everytime i want to clean it.

4. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I had a lot of problems getting mine on also. I washed mine and I placed it sticky side down on a new clean piece of paper to dry. The paper I used was very glossy so the film didnt pick anything up. After a few tries I relized it takes a while to completly dry. I eventually left it overnight to dry.

5. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

If you apply it correctly it should never have to be reapplied or get dirty. I had the same issue... I didn't get a perfect fit the first time I put it on, so I reapplied it and then some dust got in between and annoyed me every time I looked at a white page. Directions were to rinse it off and let it dry in a bathroom, but apparently it takes a long time to dry and I didn't want to wait, so I used the 2nd film.

6. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

just blowdry it, be sure to put it on cool just incase it would melt it ;)
    dont have a blowdrier? pick up a can of canned air!

7. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I tried blow drying mine but it got lots off stuff on it when I did that. I had to wash it again and start over.

8. kydee6039 macrumors member

How do you even get the film off once it has been applied for a while (2 weeks)???

9. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

You use a piece of tape to pull up one of the corners and it comes right off.