How do you clean your case ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by max2, Apr 30, 2018.

1. max2 macrumors 68030

What spray or method do you use please ? Thanks.

2. cbreze macrumors 6502a

cbreze

Might depend on what material it is made from. I have a leather shell case and have had no need to clean it yet as it just looks better and better as the days pass. However in the past I have cleaned my leather cases with the same leather cleaner I use on my leather furniture and the results were fine. A non leather case would probably do fine with a damp cloth. I don't think I'd use anything to harsh on the cloth, just damp from water and some elbow grease as needed.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Depends on what type of case you’re referring to. But for the majority of my cases, they don’t usually get dirty, I just use a microfiber cloth to wipe them down and that is more than enough to remove any type of debris or lint.

4. puma1552 macrumors 603

Depends.

Hard, clear polycarbonate - rinse/flood in the sink and dry with a lint-free cloth.

Apple cases - can of compressed air on the microfiber, damp lint-free cloth on the silicone/leather

Ultra thin, fragile 0.35 mm plastic cases like what I use now - light compressed air followed by very light damp lint-free cloth inside followed again by light compressed air.

5. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Full immersion and scrub in soap and water.

This is something that gets touched daily with a lot of foreign microorganisms.

6. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

I've been using TPU cases for a while now, and since they can be had on the cheap, I don't get too concerned on what I use. So...

On the outside, not unusual to use multi-purpose cleaner and paper towel to get off the oils, schmutz that can get on the back. Inside, like others have posted, canned air and lint-free cloth to get out anything that snuck in. Will use lens cleaner on the phone back and the inside of the case.

7. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

Apple leather case I don't use anything as it's leather. Any TPU case or other material I use electronic wipes I get at my local Walmart.