All iPads How do you clean your iPad Air/ mini Smart case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gewawd, Apr 15, 2014.

1. gewawd macrumors member

gewawd

I've purchased my iPad mini Smart Case about 2 months ago. That's a relatively short time, but considering I've picked up the red one instead of the black one, it immediately showed signs of use. I did extensive research before I dropped 4,190 Philippine Pesos (roughly US$95). Some people love the "aged" look of the leather and so to say, I am not one of them.

I'd like to know how you, or if you even clean your Air/mini SC.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3226#iPadCover_Case
    The Support website from Apple above says something but is rather vague.

I'd like to hear specific remarks on how to clean the leather and microfiber respectively.

I'd like to share some shots of my case as of now and how it was before daily use.

Day 0
    [​IMG]

Volume buttons dye coming off
    [​IMG]

Rear
    [​IMG]

Dark, dark edges
    [​IMG]

Dark Microfiber
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

"bad" buy

would you be brave to accept that it was a "bad" buy and you just set it aside and go for black?

I have a black one and besides the occasional microfibers that stick on the leathery surface there isn't much cleaning going on

3. easytake123 macrumors newbie

4. jefferent macrumors newbie

Have the same product red smart case, it quickly gets dirty same as yours. Its dyed aniline leather cant do much cleaning and you just have to live with it.:) I'm not planning to buy leather cleaners and conditioners, i would rather buy a new one (learned my lesson I'm buying a black case).

5. meistervu macrumors 65816

Have you tried...warm water?

That is the recommend cleaner on my leather couch. Just a warm damp cloth, and dry it with a towel.

Water is a very good solvent for most organic matters.

6. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Baby wipes, warm water, don't soak the leather though. Car interior leather conditioner