How do you clean your LCD monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by c073186, Mar 24, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I just got a new ACD and now I must contemplate how to keep it looking brand new. Do you use a dry cloth to dust the screen or do you use moistened wipes? Is there a particular type that is best?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

dont touch it! and brush the dust off with the included cloth.

if family members come around and start pointing at pictures clean the grubby finger marks off with a damp lint free cloth.

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well yeah I do not anticipate getting any finger prints / smudges on it; I mainly am talking about how to dust it off. I was not sure if using the dry cloth is the best way to go. For my PowerBook I used to have these moist wipes that were made for LCD screens (I think iKlean was the brand or something like that).

4. kg9ov macrumors member

I use iKlear on mine. You can get it from the apple store and probably other places online.

-Tony

5. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Best way to clean LCD monitors:
    take 2 lens cloths, wet one under the cold tap and wring it out so it's just mildly damp and not wet, clean the screen with it from top to bottom till it looks like you covered the entire surface, then using the other lens cloth go over it drying it straight away, should come up streak/mark free.

I do this on my monitors, never a mark on them, I was told this technique by a guy on the wacom stand at focus on imaging a few years ago, works well. ;)