How do you clean your Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by slapshot, Dec 20, 2011.

1. slapshot macrumors member

What is the best way/solution to clean the brushed aluminum of your Macbook?

2. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I use isopropyl alcohol. Cheap and readily available.

3. notaznguy macrumors member

What the?

I've had the old white macbook (2008) and I use Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. Works like a charm and is extremely cheap.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I have the MBP, and clean the aluminum with nothing but water and a soft cloth.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have a alu MB and use iKlear to clean it. The bottle lasts me a pretty long time considering it also gets used to clean a 4s and iPad 2.

6. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

I mix isopropy alcohol and purified water from the grocery store at a 50/50 mix in a tiny spritz bottle from CVS that u bought for 2 dollars. It cost a dollar for the alcohol, dollar for the water, and 2 dollars for the spray bottle. I still have 90 percent of the alcohol in the original bottle and my spritz solution has been used a lot over the last few months and is sill nearly full. This should last the lifetime of my computer and is very cost effective. I used to use my good buddy's iKlear but found it was streaky and took longer to evaporate, so now this is what I use. It evaporated faster and is much cheaper, and does a better job on touch stains or dried on stuff.