how do you clean your new mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by romeo26, May 21, 2010.

1. romeo26 macrumors member

yes...like the title, how do you clean your mbp?

more specifically the keyboard, the little spaces in the keyboard, and the hires ag display?

2. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

Good ol water and soap...

JK use air duster and non abrasive glass cleaner (ammonia free) for glass screen but that just general knowledge i dont have a MBP but if i did that is what I would use.

3. philamac macrumors regular

iklear all over. It leaves the screen sooo slick, like my car after zaino!

4. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

5. neal.young macrumors member

+1. iKlear with a microfiber cloth works wonders on matte screens, and also works well for polishing the rest of the computer.

6. AndrewCjDuong macrumors member

I got this screen wipe thats like wet wipes. Wipe the screen then the macbook itself.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well the keyboard doesn't seem to get dirty if you close the laptop when your not using it. As for the screen, I use the cloth that came with it:D

8. Kristine macrumors 6502a

I use warm water with a touch of white vinegar (just a little bit) and a lint free cloth. Leaves the screen (15" anti-glare) perfect and streak free every time! Once I have cleaned the screen I clean the rest of my Macbook Pro.

9. mike8717189 macrumors member

Microfiber cloth with good old water all over (radtech) for keyboard protection.

10. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

+1 for always microfiber cloth, however, I use plain water. I have a spray for my plant, I spray a very little water on my lint-free towel, just enough to give it a damp feel, then wipe it clean, including the screen.

Make sure you don't spray any liquid directly onto the computer.

11. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

iKlear for mac = meguires for cars. I paid 20 dollars for the whole 2 bottle kit w/ various clothes and I have about half a bottle left, 3 years later, for 2 MBPs, iPhones, Cinema Displays etc

12. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

That's a fantastic idea! I use it on my roadster and it doesn't have a scratch on it! *trots off to the garage so she can clean her screen*

I also use the ShaggyMac microfiber cloth just dry as well on the keyboard and trackpad to wipe off any oils left from my fingers.

Thanks for the tip. :)

13. Taegre macrumors member

iKlear all the way. Its excellent on any type of screen and its good on the aluminum and the keys. To get between the keys, I just fold up the microfiber cloth and then run it through the space between. If you got crumbs, I sometimes us some compressed air to blow it out.

14. str8bucs macrumors regular

15. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

during the 6 month period of saving up for this 1st ever mbp i7 (mac in general) i've spent so much time looking into other accessories for my mbp. and iklear is the way to go, after seeing video reviews etc. it's probably the best cleaning tool for your mbp!

now on another note, the one and only thing i never gave thought to was the moshi keyboard cover. i always thought it looked doofy, but thinking long run i know the keys will get worn down and glossy looking. but the moshi thing looks so doofy!! any thoughts?

16. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

17. mingoglia macrumors 6502

Is iKlear something that's available in stores or just online?

18. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

wow....guys thank you for all the great responses! ill get the iKlear stuff when i buy apple care on monday! i wonder how car wax will work on the outter shell...works great on my 1!:D

19. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

iKlear.

However, about once every other month, I give all my laptops a once-over with Cyber Clean putty. That stuff works GREAT on speaker grilles, power vents, USB ports and keyboards. I'm always amazed how much crap my laptop picks up no matter how much I baby it and this stuff works great.

[​IMG]

20. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I use a cleaning cloth. Put for keys, I literally take a duster and sweep the whole thing.