How do you clear your 'Recent' contacts?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Hustler1337, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi guys,

How do you clear your recent contacts shown at the top of the screen when you double-tap the home button?

I've noticed that clearing your call history makes no difference and I presume it's also linked to your recent SMS messages.

Is there a way to clear it?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

surefireobject has the answer.

3. SurefireObject macrumors member

Setttings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Scroll down to Contacts section and see Show in App Switcher.

4. fivedots macrumors 6502a

5. Arndroid macrumors 6502a

Arndroid

Dang it , it looks bad when my wife always sees my girlfriends pic at the front if the list

6. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Turn off recent, only use favorites, move wife one in front of girlfriend, and enjoy that she now knows she's #1.

7. RyanG macrumors 6502

just use male names for them :X

8. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Perfect! Thanks SurefireObject, exactly what I needed. Glad there was an option to get remove it.

9. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I posted what seems to be a bug in another thread about Recents and sent feedback to Apple.

I usually delete messages (SMS & iMessage) to keep things organized. So if you have a recent in the app switcher screen and you select message without having a previous message, it will default to the 1st phone number in their contact card. So I had many contacts with their home number 1st followed by mobile/iPhone number. What happens is it tries to send a message to their home phone.

Spend an hour re-doing all contacts so the 1st number is mobile. Did the same for my wife's phone as well. Yikes!!

10. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Thanks for the great response. Not enough people say "THANKS!" around here when someone responds quickly and provides the exact answer everyone else is looking for. Your post was exactly what I was looking for. :)

Thank you for being a very helpful member of the MacRumors community!

11. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

I solved this issue by only having one girlfriend at a time

12. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

I already thanked him. :)

Seems like there are a few MacRumors users who've got more than one girl on the go :p

13. zanta macrumors newbie

Sharing a common Apple ID (to share purchases) on all my devices at home including the kids phones nearly got me into strife.... iMessages replicate across all devices!!! Imagine the effects of an Unusual iMessage on all devices.... Have not activated this now, but will consider using this as we can share purchases under home sharing.... Phew!!