HomeKit How do you control AV from Homekit?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by ApplePie22, Sep 30, 2018.

1. ApplePie22 macrumors member

wired the house for Control4, but hit the breaks once I learned about Homekit. While C4 is far more robust from an "automation" standpoint, the cost of equipment, drivers, installer, etc. really turned me off. Homekit is a nice smart home option, for basics like lights, door locks, cameras, etc. The one missing link (I know they just added a remote option on last iOS update), is the ability to easily control AV, TV etc. Curious how you guys control your theatre rooms, 5.1 family rooms, etc? I know a lot of people use Homekit for smart home, then use Logitech Elite for AV, which I'm considering, but wanted to see how everyone was doing it?

2. robnbill macrumors member

Suggest you consider Simple Control. We use it on all our iOS devices to control three different A/V systems in our home. Works very well. No expensive switches or wiring required. You can also control all HK devices. And they just added Siri control with the latest version. You can customize the panels as much as you want. We've been using them since they started out years ago - and they now have everything we need.

See: https://www.simplecontrol.com