How do you copy videos from the Note2 to your Macs?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by stanw, Dec 26, 2012.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

I plugged my Note2 into my Mac and used Image Capture on the Mac to import my images. It imported all of the images, plus a bunch of other small image files that I'm guessing are some cache from DropBox and Tumblr. However, it will not copy over any videos shot with the Note2.

How are you getting videos from the Note2 onto your Mac?

Thanks.

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I dont remember well but when you connect an android device via USB it is recognized as a "camera"?
    But then there is a "USB Developer/Debug-something" setting in the Android OS, I wonder if that's the one enabled by default or if you select it you need to install some drivers on OS X for you to be able to browse the internal memory / SD card.
    I don't know why I get this feeling the "drivers" I talk about mean basically installing the Android SDK, since I had to do this months ago before I sold a Galaxy Tab, but can't remember even if my life depended on it.

Anyway, an easier option is to get something like this.
    I use a similar approach in iOS, since I use Lightroom and not iPhoto, then I have a script and some workflow for everything to be imported (obviously, videos get copied to their special folder outside Lightroom).