How do you decide

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by dukebound85, Nov 7, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

on what platform to get a game?

for instance i could get the pc or ps3 version of the game and its hard to decide lol

how do you do it

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Mouse and keyboard for life unless it's Smash Brothers or Metroid.

3. evan g macrumors regular

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Same. Generally PC versions are heaps better - they're cheaper, can be modded, free DLC (vast majority of games at least), support a wider range of control options, better graphics & higher resolutions.

Unless they're also on handheld systems. I get my Tomb Raider and GTA fix on PSP and generally prefer Nintendo's long running IPs on handhelds (except Mario). But that's just me :)

5. angelneo macrumors 68000

I agree, if you like tweaking your stuff and is not afraid of technology, PC version would be the best.

6. autobotjones macrumors newbie

I get PS3 games. alll you have to do is put the disk in and away you go. I will get pc games but only simulation games like comand and conquer, Age of empires etc

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I choose PC first, mainly for the controls and it's nice that it supports higher settings. I like V-Sync. :eek:

But it depends on the type of game.

For games like Ghostbusters, I'm thinking about getting the Wii version and PC version, since they differ from what I understand.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

PC for most multiplat FPS's, all RTS and misc games.

PS3 for everything else UNLESS the quality is notably worse than the 360 version. I prefer my whisper quiet PS3 to the jet engine disguised by MS as a gaming console.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just a little correction :)
    Out of PS3/360 games I'll generally go for 360 since I much prefer the controller and standards present. But on the same hand I could never imagine playing PS3 exclusives on the 360, my LBP hands are forever used to the PS3.