Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimmyJoeJohnson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2007
Darkside of the Moon
I had incorrectly setup my :apple: TV a few times while trying to add photos from different computers ( I know ) but now I have the photos all added and don't want to reset the device if I can help it but now I have a source that no longer works on my :apple: TV

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
That was going to be my answer as well. On the computer whose library you don't want to see, remove AppleTV from that computer in iTunes (Preferences / AppleTV).

However, if someone comes over with their laptop and I link them with AppleTV, they'll stay on the AppleTV list and I don't know how to remove them. I just tested this - I linked an old PC laptop with my AppleTV, and it's showing up under sources even though I'll never really use it. If the PC laptop died or if I gave it away, I don't think I could remove it from the AppleTV Sources list (without a factory restore).

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
If you select the grayed out source from the sources menu you will get a dialog saying the library is unavailable. You can then select the "Disconnect from iTunes" option and it will go away from the sources menu.

Kevin

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
If you select the grayed out source from the sources menu you will get a dialog saying the library is unavailable. You can then select the "Disconnect from iTunes" option and it will go away from the sources menu.

Kevin

I swear I just tried this last night, I don't remember seeing the option to disconnect :confused: It's great if it's there! It was late and I did have a few beverages of the frothy persuasion :eek:

UPDATE:
The option wasn't there for me? Mine simply says the library is not availabe, make sure its powered on and presents me with an OK button. You sure about your statement imlucid, or did you just read that somewhere?

hersheytx

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2007
What happens if you want to get rid of the source that was the main computer library. I have a PC laptop that I was using but now am transferring all my music to my MacPro. The Mac was finally hooked up as a secondary option on my AppleTV. But now I want it to be the main and only one.
Do I have to start over? Delete the laptop like the poster before stated and then redo the setup?

Right now I do not have the AppleTV icon on my Mac Itunes. THough it streams my music from it just fine.

THanks for the help

As an update. My MacPro did not hook up to my AppleTV because my AT&T wireless modem was 5 years old and could not hookup with the Airport Express in the new MacPro.
After I got another wireless modem it locked in immediately.

Bressler

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2007

Kevin

I was wondering how to do this. Thanks Kevin, it worked perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.