How do you delete individual tracks (Im using match)

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by richy d, Oct 18, 2012.

1. richy d macrumors member

I have an itunes match subscription. In IOS 5, I was able to delete individual downloaded tracks by simply swiping. This doesnt appear to be working on IOS 6. Is there a different method that I can use to delete individual tracks from a downloaded album?

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

FWIW, iTunes Match will delete older, less played songs on its own to save space. There really isn't a reason to delete individual tracks. If you must delete all of your music, you can from Settings>General>Usage>Music.

4. KattDaDon macrumors 6502

To delete the music individually you would have to turn off iTunes Match to do so in iOS 6. Trust me I'm speaking from experience but this is the only way right now to delete it until a fix is available.

5. richy d thread starter macrumors member

I dont actually use streaming play when Im out and about & my total music library is way more than 64gb. For this reason, I was wanting to get rid of individual tracks in my process of setting up the ipod.

If there was a way that the downloaded to device tracks could have been stored as part of my user settings and then only those tracks re-downloaded that would have been ideal.

The idea is that I only want tracks I actually listen to from albums, so I can leave it playing without skipping.

----------

Thanks for the info... I think I will wait for the fix as Im it takes a very long time to re-sync to itunes match once its switched off