Price Advice How do you determine how much to sell your MBP for

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by No Regrets, Jun 26, 2012.

1. No Regrets macrumors regular

I bought a late 2011 13"MBP from the Applestore refurb online store about 3 or 4 months ago. I've decided that I'd like to sell this and buy a refurbed 17"MBP to make it easier for photo editing, etc.

How do I determine how much to ask for the Late 2011 13"MBP 2.4Ghz i5 4GB with Lion 10.7.4?

Also, what is the best way to sell it. Craigslit, Ebay, or some other venue?

Thank you for your help.

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Search for the same configuration as yours wherever you choose to sell. That will be the closest estimate of value.

3. cherishzm macrumors regular

I'd say about $800-900 if it's in perfect condition on CL. Apple has refurbished early 2011 13" MBP for $799 plus tax.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

5. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Finished listings of your model on ebay. I think one of the most accurate.

6. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you all for the tips. Another question I have is about the Applecare. It is my understanding that the MBP is automatically covered by a full warranty for the first 12 months and that Applecare can be purchased at anytime during those 12 months.

I didn't purchase the Applecare yet because I wasn't sure if I'd be keeping this 13" and may want to go larger. So if I sell this computer to someone before the end of the initial 12 months, can the new owner still purchase Applecare?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, they can.

8. No Regrets thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the info! It is much appreciated.