Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by littfam, Nov 19, 2008.
does anyone know how to downgrade to a previous firmware version
Let me guess. You have Boxee and downloaded the latest version?
No......I was in the middle of flashing my atv with "aTV Flash 3.3.5" at the exact time of the update! Noticed that some things were not right with the patch and restored the atv and re-patched. I had no idea that there was an update at the same time as the restore. I will chalk this one up as bad luck!
I could give a rats a?#$ for Boxee, it is the external hard drive and DVD support I really wanted tonight. Will have to wait for 3.3.6
It's not firmware, it's just the OS.
You need to pull your drive, initialize the OSBoot partition and used the Restore function of Disc Utility to put whatever version you want on the drive.
Cave Man, could you explain how to do that, or post a link?
Do a restore to factory in settings. I reverted back to v.2.0.
It's somewhere in the "My 750 gb Apple TV" thread that I talked about it. But basically, here's how it's done:
1. Pull the ATV drive and connect it by USB or FW to your Mac. I use a universal drive adapter for this (PATA interface).
2. Two partitions should mount - OSBoot and Media.
3. Launch Disc Utility and select the OSBoot partition (NOT THE DRIVE, just the partition) and erase it.
4. Click on the Restore tab of Disc Utility and drag and drop the OSBoot partition to Destination.
5. Drag and drop the ATV disk image that you downloaded from the link in my previous post to Source.
6. Click Restore and you're done in about a minute.
7. Replace your drive into your ATV and boot.
Thanks! It actually doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I'll just upgrade my hard drive in the process.
Now that gets trickier. What I listed assumes the drive is already properly partitioned and has other, invisible, files in their proper places. Have a read here.