How do you download FCPX 10.0.1?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by illegalprelude, Sep 20, 2011.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I asked on the official thread and I received nothing. I have FCPX on both my Snow Leopard machine and Lion. I've checked both the App store and Software Updates and I'm not finding the update. The Motion update is there..just no FCPX. :confused:

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

With me it is the other way around. Did you have your computer on the same location (IP address) when you downloaded your stuff?

Happens to me all the time with apps. The one I d'led at work won't update at home and the other way around.

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Yea, the Snow Kitty is on an iMac and Lion is on a MBP but so far, I've only checked on my local network and nothing.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've heard that there's a Compressor 4.0.1 update too, but there's nothing showing up in Software Update or Apple's download area. If it does exist, does anyone know where to find it?

5. mBox macrumors 68020

Delete then install...

Just delete the original then go to Apple Store and install.
    Warning, your current Events and Projects will not work with the older version.
    If you installed FCPX across a few computers then try to move a project around, your SOL.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Update: After checking Software Update again (and not getting the update), I opened the App Store to see whether I could reinstall it as the previous poster suggested, and it offered me the update. I would never have thought to look there! :eek:

7. illegalprelude, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Ok, I just noticed a new issue because I still can't get the update to work. I was going to trash my FCPX app and redownload from from the App Store as others have suggested. Well, when I go to the App Store, it still gives me the option to buy FCPX, even though I paid for mine and I still see the charge on my credit card...

what the heck...

Edit:

Ok...If I go under purchases in App Store, I see FCPX there but it give me the option to install, like I've never downloaded it before....Trying that now.

Edit 2:
    That did the trick for me.