Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diomedes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
San Francisco
I just saw the teaser trailer for "X-Men 3", and it sent SHIVERS down my spine it looked so good.

But how in the name of God do you get the trailers into an iPod?? I have QT Pro, so I saved the movie and tried to export it, but I got a file that was zero K.

PLEASE someone tell me!! :)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Diomedes said:
I just saw the teaser trailer for "X-Men 3", and it sent SHIVERS down my spine it looked so good.

But how in the name of God do you get the trailers into an iPod?? I have QT Pro, so I saved the movie and tried to export it, but I got a file that was zero K.

PLEASE someone tell me!! :)

As far as I know there are only two trailers available in iPod format. Superman Returns and King Kong. The other trailers are copyrighted by the studios and as such cannot be encoded into different formats.

So I'm afraid you're out of luck.

It is a very cool trailer though, the HD version is superb - even in lowly 480p which is the only format my iBook can handle without skipping frames it look magnificent.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Did it fail instantly, or did it sit there and think for a while? I went to File > Export and chose iPod, and after 30 seconds it still seemed to be happily doing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.