How do you dress for work?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rican, Aug 26, 2012.

1. rican macrumors 6502

rican

What is the dress code at your job and what do you wear?

Are you the business professional, business casual, casual, or uniform...

My office allows us to dress business casual however, I tend to be more stylish like the picture posted.

Attached Files:

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

umm I would say I am on one of most relaxed dress code end.

As in that people can and do wear t-shirts and shorts to work which for me is way to relaxed. I tend to wear a polo, jeans, and tennis shoes to work most days. If I work out during lunch I will spend the rest of my day in a T-shirt from Woot.com and jeans.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

When I was on air, I had to dress in slacks and a button down. And when I moved to the newspaper graphics department it took me a while to get used to dressing in jeans and t-shirt... which lasted until the new boss (picture Michael Scott from the Office, with more attitude and less aptitude) said we had to cut the jeans and dress up... Smart or Business Casual was what the official notice said.

Although, the managers only enforce it on certain people, when it suits them. I, for instance, am singled out on a regular basis and blamed for a fair amount of things that either aren't my fault or a mistake that everyone has made... so I don't dare not follow the dress code, whereas the woman who works at the next desk over wears capris and flip flops (both officially forbidden) and nothing is said. I wore dress jeans once and got called out on it. My immediate boss still goes barefoot even after being told not to.

...so that's my dress code. And my rant. I work and think better (eg, more creatively) when I can dress comfortably, so given I don't have to deal with the public I'm against it. It's not like I ever dressed sloppily anyway.

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Business casual in most cases but wear suit and tie a few times a month. I hate wearing a tie so I don't unless I have to.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Working- pyjamas
    Meetings- jeans, tshirt
    Networking- jeans, tshirt with blazer

Basically it's a creative job.

6. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

That's quite unfair, they maybe discriminating!

7. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

I work in Physical Therapy and our attire is just a company polo and khakis.

8. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

White shirt and blue tie, black jeans and smart shoes.

Doing some temp promotional/salesman work before uni starts in 3 weeks.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

2 or 3 days in khakis and 2 or 3 days in jeans.

10. jasonvp macrumors 6502a

jasonvp

Casual, and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt unless it's a little too cool. If so, then it's jeans and a t-shirt.

jas

11. PurpleMarmalade macrumors regular

More or less exactly what Gregory House would wear. Jeans/trousers, t-shirt or (slightly rumpled) shirt, jacket, trainers. I often wear cords too, although never with trainers. I've yet to acquire a cane, but that's my ultimate goal.

12. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I am the only male in the department. And, ironically, when I mentioned it as a joke to one of the head honchos they backed off me a bit. Who knows.... I'm building up my own business (writing and design) and shortly will be out of there anyway.

On an unrelated note, need a website? :D

13. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Pretty much anything I want that isn't offensive/distasteful. Ironically I work reception and deal with members of the public too, however it's a very relaxed office and I've never been more dressed up than a t-shirt and chinos.

14. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

Jeans with my company "team wear". I'm a manufacturing engineer for an airplane manufacturer.

15. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Government building in the DC area, so suit and tie every day.

16. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Shorts & T-shirt. Gets over 100 degrees in the shop everyday including winter. Printing press with an IR Dryer running at 100 degrees. When I work on the ambulance (part-time) it is in full EMT uniform.

17. SandMulls macrumors newbie

Had to agree with Dagless. I work at home so basically, shorts and a T-shirt are all I need. When I need to meet with someone, then jeans is the option. :)

18. OutThere, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012

OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

[​IMG]

^Like that mostly, though I switch up the button down for tshirts now and then. I work at a digital/interactive ad agency in NYC, there is no dress code.

19. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Well if anyone can figure out the term " Big Blue " in my profile ;)

Suit and tie every day.

20. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Usually I don close-toed shoes, jeans, t-shirt or buttoned down shirt. On chilly days I'll add a jacket/pull over.

I work at a University: no one gives a crap how I dress.

21. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

That's like 'Intercourse Before Marriage'

KGB

22. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Pretty much :cool:

( note, for the slow. I do work for IBM, )

23. malman89 macrumors 68000

All well and good except the job I want would have a more casual dress code than the one in my current position :p

My place is basically business casual, some people are typically more professional wear though. I go with blue/black dress pants and a dress shirt 2-4 days a week, sometimes throw in dark khakis and dress shirts 1-2 days, and then we're casual jeans/button down/nice shoes or sneakers on most Fridays. I never wear a suit or tie in my current position. Last gig I only wore them for bi-monthly board meetings.