how do you edit iTunes metadata on a PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ravenousllama, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ravenousllama macrumors member

okay, so my library of movies and tv shows in itunes is steadily growing. i'm a total organizational freak in itunes, and i want to add content ratings to the videos in my library. i've snooped around on the web and discovered that the way to do it is to edit the metadata in the video files to include the content rating, which itunes will then recognize.

one problem - all the programs that will do it, save one that i've found, are only for macs. i have a pc, for budget reasons. the program i do have, atomicparsley, is command-line based and confusing, and seems longwinded.

can someone:
    a. let me know of another program that will do the job, that works on windows,
    b. tell me how to use atomicparsley to do it, or
    c. if there's another way to do it, how?

thanks in advance!

EDIT: after much, much snooping, i found a program called "tagger" that seems to do the job very well. content ratings show up in iTunes after you load/edit the file.

does anyone know of a similar program that will work for mp3/aac files? tagger only edits metadata on video files.