How do you envision the next Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brendu, Jun 18, 2009.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

Hey.. so with the 13inch unibody becoming a MBP and the only computer left as the macbook is the old apple style white plastic they have been using since the ibook g3, what do you guys think they are gonna do with it next? im thinking perhaps a unibody case in the black casing similar to the black ipod classic? I think that would look great, and then give it the same keyboard as the 13 inch mbp and other than that keep the specs in line with the way they have been in the macbooks.. just minor upgrades here and there... If they made a computer in that black aluminum finish not like the lame black plastic macbook and kept it at the $999 price point id pick one up in a heartbeat. what do you guys want / envision the next macbook being like?

2. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I'd buy the blackbook if they brought it back. I love it!

Edit: I like the idea of a case like the black Ipod classic. I love mine. I would probably buy that too.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Exactly the same externally, better hardware inside.

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I was thinking about this for a while now.

The Macbook line consisted of basically 2 models, all 13". One was White the others Aluminum.

The Macbook Pro line consisted of 2 models, 15" and 17".

The current realignment of models puts all Aluminum notebooks in the Pro line, so now there are three models. 13" , 15" ,and 17".

The Pro lines gets a new model, the Macbook like does not.

Do not be too surprised if in the next major ( NEW CPU ) updates the beloved Macbook disappears to make way for a new product.

Then you would have the Macbook Pro and whatever the new Product is.

What could that new product be????

Touch Screen Tablet would be cool. 12" size would be perfect and I would be first in line to buy one!!!!

I have no information that leads me to predict the demise of the Macbook, just going on what has happened in the past to predict the future.

5. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

I know everyone wants a tablet but I think it would alienate potential switchers. Unless apple cuts corners on the hardware its going to cost much more than the current macbooks, and apple will have nothing to meet the current £749 pricepoint.

The current macbook externally does need a change, I do like the black aluminium idea.

P.S Blackbooks aren't lame, I sorta wish I'd bought one :(

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I see it staying about the same. White plastic is what Apple will stick with to differentiate the lines. Just look: The pro lines are all aluminum, which compliments their desktop versions, the Mac Pro and iMac. The Mac mini compliments the Macbook. It will stay that way for a while.

8. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

I dont know, i suppose it would be apples style to stay with the whitebook but i really think they may have something in store to bring up the quality to fit with the rest of their products

9. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

I really like the macbook as it is at the moment. I'd hate to see it go the way of aluminium - variation is a good thing.

I'd like them to tweak it a little, keeping it as the same high value, great product it is at the moment.

But then I would say that, I will be buying one in the next couple of weeks over the macbook pro 13 and air!:eek:

10. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Santa, I'll take a Black Carbon-Fiber MacBoook and a Verizon iPhone 3Gs...

Although, without trying not to spoil myself - I would like a sleeker BlackBook with better hardware. And, they must have the lighted keyboard and new trackpad. Also, a replaceable 7 hour lithium polymer battery and a logo...that says "BlackBook" ;)

do it :apple: ...do it

CrackBookPro:cool:

11. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

The cheapest model with an expresscard slot will cost seven thousand dollars.

12. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

After the 09 WWDC keynote, I officially resigned from the Apple Amateur Prognostication Group.

13. Ljw1976 macrumors member

i like the white plastic..and i feel that the aluminium casing is ok,,but can seem dirty quite easy..whereas thw white plastic is easy to scratch,,but only can be seen in daylight..and in the dark looks a better piece of kit..

just my opinion..i hope they keep the white as its a icon to design history..and is still a iconic piece of kit wherever its taken..

mac loving all day long

14. gillboyswims96 macrumors regular

i agree with this, i think the Pro's should be aluminum and the regulars should be white.

15. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

bud, spend the 200 more dollars for the 13" MBP...it's a little bump in price, for a big bump in luxury.

16. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Exactly. It's how Apple differentiates between the desktop lines, it's how they currently do it with notebooks, and hopefully it will be how they do it with phones soon.

17. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

why are you guys saying the iMac is a "pro" model desktop? just because its aluminum? It is in no way what i would consider pro quality. Its their flagship desktop and i love mine but its consumer not pro... i think they should differentiate between consumer and pro lines, and the white and aluminum is a decent split in the lines but as i stated in the original post, wouldnt it be nice if they had alum. for the pros, and matte black similar to the black ipod classic for the consumers? The white is iconic apple and everyone knows what it is when they see it, but i think it looks cheap and outdated and apple is supposed to be ahead of the curve...

18. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Pro is just a brand name. How is the 13 inch Macbook Pro "pro"?

20. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

agree. don't really see how Apple could justify the macbook line as one laptop only. I think a netbook or a tablet with a lower price will hit the markets once the white MB doesn't sell as much...

21. rd261 macrumors regular

I have no idea what Apple will bring into the market to replace the current macbook line, but what Im pretty sure of is that it wont have an aluminum case. Apparently Apple believes that only the Macbook pro deserves the honor of having an aluminum body, and I have no problem with that since I still love my blackbook:apple:.

22. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

whats the main difference between a blackbook and a 2.4ghz whitebook, just the fact that one is black, and ones white?

23. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

Touche... I suppose that makes sense... well i guess ill never see the black aluminum macbook i want... but for now my iBook G4 is still kicking so im gonna wait for the next macbook revision before upgrading... or i might spring for the 13 inch pro if i cant wait that long...

24. Ammo macrumors regular

I've been clamoring for a 15" Macbook for a long time...but now with the Pro models lowering prices there's no point.

I think the Macbook line will get a serious overhaul...possibly as a netbook-type deal.

The 13" Macbook Pro pretty much sealed the fate of the regular Macbook. Come December it's going to be a different product. Macbook Mini or something like that.