How do you feel about AT&T now? post iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss1, Oct 13, 2007.

1. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

How do you feel about AT&T now? post iPhone?

So I had this survey today from AT&T asking about AT&T and iPhone via email. It got me thinking about AT&T...

BACK in the day AT&T:
    I had horrible experiences with AT&T when they were the monopoly that gouged customers and charged you for services you weren't even aware of.

Today AT&T:
    honestly, I'm a tough customer and have to say I've been very impressed so far as an AT&T iPhone customer. Sure the AT&T staff aren't the most knowledgeable folk in regard to Apple products but neither are the folks at Best Buy or CompUSA that sell Apple products. EDGE is slow but I can't really blame a 2 legged animal for not being born with 4 legs.

Aside from the 350 page book (err bill) that was mailed out not long ago ..they really cleaned up ... they really are working hard at branding themselves as a company who's services and customer service are respectable.

In my view, AT&T is on the top of my list for "most improved companies" this year. How does everyone else feel?

2. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I've been an AT&T customer for many years (since the first time around when they were AT&T at least) so buying an iPhone was less dramatic for me than it was for you folks who had to switch carriers.

Remember that AT&T turned into Cingular for a while and then turned back into AT&T in a sloppy clusterfrack of mergers and buyouts. The company has really changed over the past few years as a consequence of all those transitions.

I'm mostly happy with the service I get from AT&T and I'm comforted by the fact that I don't know a single person who actually likes their telco provider. It's not as if Verizon customers are any happier.