How do you feel about cosmetic problems with your electronics?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RadicalxEdward, Apr 1, 2011.

1. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

A friend of mine hit my iPad with their big stupid butt today and bent/dented my 64gb 3G I think I un bended it (looks close at least) but there's still a dent and it drives me nuts. I have a square trade warranty which covers accidental damage but I have minimal screen bleed and no dead pixels and the screen. Didn't get cracked so I don't think I wanna use up the warranty yet.

But it's got me really annoyed. The screen/digitizer seem ok. So everything works fine and the dent is small. But I feel like the whole iPad has been cheapened.

I'm very particular about the things I own. I don't like things being scratched, broken, dented, etc and I've only had this thing a week.

I don't know if I'm the only one who gets so worked up over it. I'm trying to get over it but it's frustrating.

How do you guys feel about cosmetic problems with your iPads?

2. RKpro macrumors 6502

I normally don't care about these things, unless I'm planning on selling the thing later. Like my iPad2, which I will sell when the next one is on the horizon. Dents obviously reduce resale value a lot, because the buyer has no idea if it's cosmetic, or a signal of internal damage as well.

3. RadicalxEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Retina display was my biggest wish list feature, so I was planning on reselling it next year too. I do still have the warranty in case something tragic were to happen a week before iPad 3 was announced. But in the meantime I'm a sad face.

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Did your friend's big stupid butt sit on your iPad?

be thankful it still works and try not to sweat the little things.

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Honestly, I only am not (only on my phone) cuz I know I can get new ones super easily. I'm very careful with my MBA, but on my iPhone-I basically just use it but I'm careful and the only time it's been dropped on something hard is when my friend dropped it on concrete from like 4 feet and left a little scrape on the bottom right corner. There's a few general scratches on it, just hairlines that you have to look for. I've had this phone for almost like...wow it's been like maybe 5 months? I get new ones all the time...complain about something (mine are all real problems, just ones that most people would ignore). I believe I've had five (maybe 6 :eek:) iPhone 4's. Right now my oleophobic coating sucks (oil really doesn't come off like it did on my others, not nearly as well) and the proximity sensor is bad as usual. I've been meaning to get a new one forever but I've just been living with it. Honestly, it gets annoying after a while. I'll definitely get a brand new one before I sell it.

OP-Find something wrong with your iPad. I'm not kidding. It's not fraud, it's just being picky. If you can find a simple hardware problem you can get a brand new one for free. Think hard, use it, I'm almost positive you can find something wrong with it. Or throw it on the ground as hard as possible and you won't feel bad at all about your squaretrade. :rolleyes: