How do you feel about internet on iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ventuss, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ventuss macrumors 6502

How do you set the browser? My iMac is not here yet, but I have a Sony Vaio with 1080p display and web pages take half the screen, and is like navigating on a 13"display (reason I love my 13" MacBook Pro). My Vaio is set to display everything at 125%, witch helps a lot. Now if I do that in Safari, it resets the preset every time I close it, is there any way around it? I mean, my eyes will be 2 feet away from the iMac.

What about you? How do you feel about the experience? How to make an iMac feel better than a 13" MacBook Pro while surfing the web? (besides, 16:9 doesn't help).

2. Gherkin macrumors 6502

I just have my browser really big filling most of the screen (27" here). I use Mission Control to switch to other apps I use, so really I just keep Chrome on "Desktop 1" in what would nearly be full screen mode.

I'm not sure if they changed how Mission control and desktops work in 10.8 and 10.9. Got the new 27" (coming this week) so I guess I'll see soon.

3. Shane1905 macrumors regular

I use a program called Divvy, you can quickly set whatever program you're using to take up as much of your screen as you like.
    http://mizage.com/divvy/

4. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

I like SizeUp for that, though I'm definitely going to give Divvy a try now.

5. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

I have Safari set to Full Screen mode. This is easy to do and works well. Then just swipe to a different screen when not browsing the internet.