how do you find the file path to mount an ISO?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mmblarg, Jun 20, 2009.

1. mmblarg macrumors newbie

i've no idea what i'm talking about really haha, but here's the deal! i have a download that requires steps that i've no idea what the heck they are talking about, and i think it's mostly PC instructions too so i'm totally lost, all i know is what i downloaded isn't complete. so they tell me to do this

1. Burn or mount the Application ISO using one of the many ISO utilities. ( I personally use PowerISO to mount, but daemon tools should work fine too.)

personally i don't have the slightest clue as to what an ISO is in the first place but whatever. so i look up ways to do whatever it is they are asking for macs and i get this from http://osxdaily.com

If you’re wondering how to mount an ISO image in Mac OS X, it is very easy. In the Terminal type the following command: hdiutil mount sample.iso with sample.iso being the path to the image you want to mount. After the checksum is completet, your ISO will appear mounted on your Mac OS X desktop - that’s it. You you can actually mount virtually any other disk image type with hdiutil as well, so give .dmg .img a try too.

still no clue what anyone is talking about but ok! i find terminal which i didn't even know existed. i type in what i think is that path cause i've no idea how to find it and i get this

macs-macbook:~ mac$ hdiutil mount /User/mac/Desktop/japanese1/data/00.rsd
    hdiutil: mount failed - No such file or directory

so! can anyone help me find the file path which i don't know why i need and i don't have any clue at all of what i'm doing! am i going to kill my laptop? cause i love my Taco, he's an awesome laptop!

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Why is that file you're trying to mount called '00.rsd'?

And .iso's should just be able to be opened by double click on the actual file.

Or if you just want to use terminal, you can drag the file into the terminal window and it will put in the file path for you. So after you have typed in hdiutil mount drag in your file from the Finder then press enter.