How do you find username & passwords

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drpinkangel, Feb 16, 2013.

1. drpinkangel macrumors newbie

Hello, I have several sites I go to that required user names & passwords (dating sites, facebook, couple of e-mail accounts, etc) that I can no longer remember. I tried to go into Finder, Applications, Keychains but it didn't show these sites usernames/passwords.
    Any suggestions.? (I am not very computer savvy, found out the above info. on google, tried it, but it didn't work).

2. that1guyy macrumors 6502

Maybe its late but I don't understand what you're saying.

Are you saying that you have a hard time remembering passwords and usernames? Well it happens to all of us.

When you create an account for some site, your username or password won't be stored on your computer,. If you choose "always remain logged in" or "remember me" your info will remain in your browser however, unless you clear its cache and cookies. You won't be able to find them on your computer though.

I suggest you write them down in a notebook or something. There are some apps in the app store that offer a secure way to store all your personal documents, info and passwords. Not sure what it is or if its good.

3. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Store them with 1Password in the future. Great tool!

4. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

The usernames and passwords will be in keychain access if you have the "username and passwords" option ticked in Safari Preferences > Autofill. It is off by default.

Otherwise this site is handy for accessing sites that require a login.

http://www.bugmenot.com

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10