How do YOU get album art?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doju, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

For those of us who can't live without having album art for each song, what do you do to attain them, assuming you don't purchase songs from iTunes?

I usually search for the album on Amazon, and then copy and paste the image into the Get Info area of the iTunes.

Do you use a program? A specific site? Tell all!

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I use iTunes or albumartexchange.com. I'm picky about my album art.

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

gimmesometune will autodownload album art for any song you play in itunes that has album art missing. also next time do a search!

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Genius seems to do this automatically in iTunes? :confused:

5. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

It's a discussion not a question. :rolleyes:

6. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I use either cdnow.com (redirects to Amazon music) or images.google.com.

It's clearly a discussion. Next time, you need to read the post!

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I just Google Image them up.

I actually enjoy fine tuning my library. I'll play some music, just chill out, have a couple drinks and get my music lookin' good.

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I just right click the song and select "Get Album Artwork" iTunes does the rest.

9. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Also - before, I never saw the need for "big" album art embedded in mp3s.

But after seeing coverflow all full screen and using front row and what have you, I've started going back over my whole collection and making sure I use minimum 500x500 album art.

10. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

I've been looking for a site like this for quite some time now. Thanks :D

11. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I just finished doing that this summer. It took a long time, but my collection is amazing now.

12. hitman45400 macrumors regular

Well, there is alot of CD's that iTunes doesn't have, like many grindcore or death metal genres.

13. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I don't listen to that music so it's no issue for me. All the music I listen to iTunes has a cover for.

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I just go to Amazon. If not them, Google images. If there is a good website that offers high quality covers, I would like to know.

I guess that www.albumartexchange.com place doesn't have any indie or lesser known artists.

15. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

16. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Google images usually has super high resolution versions, so that's typically where I look!

17. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

there's a cracking widget you can use. Just highlight the whole album and open dashboard. It finds the artwork through amazon. Can't remember what it's called. But google iTunes artwork widget and it will be there!!!!!

18. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It's called the "amazon album art" widget.
    On the apple download page!!!!!

19. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

hate to dig this up but how do you replace the cover art for a whole album? I have a few covers that are small and blurry and im trying to replace them with higher rez images off the net but it keep reverting to the original blurry image

20. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

I have three widget open, Istat pro, Apples calender one, and the Amazon Art one, Im slightly obsessive about my iphone having full album art and correct names and titles, The Amazon Art widget is BRILLIANT,

21. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Yahoo Launch is so money for this. It has had every album I've ever searched with an accurate track listing. Plus it has 30 second clips of a lot of them just in case you have a track you need to identify. I use this to make sure all of my info is 100% accurate on the music then use iTunes to snag the art.

If it's not on iTunes, which happens more likely than I care for, it's right back to launch where there's always album art to copy. Unforunately it's not the best quality so it probably wouldn't suffice for you seriously OCD audiophiles. I've aways been satisfied though.

22. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Go to your iTunes Music, select the songs in the album, highlight every one of them. Once they're highlighted, right-click -> Get Info -> Click Yes -> Artwork should be on the right hand side, click that and select the cover art. Click Ok and it should fix the cover art for the list of songs you've highlighted.

23. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I use iTunes. I am very picky about by Album Art, and want it to be a very high res, for some strange reason. :)

24. Groovetopia macrumors newbie

I've used iTunes maybe three times to get album art. I typically go to Google images and search, and if the quality isn't high I go to cdnow.com

25. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

as stated above the Amazon widget is the best

Attached Files: