How do you get iPhoto synced albums off the iPhone without uploading them?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Haswell, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Haswell macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 5S running iOS 9.1 that has several photo albums that were created with iPhoto. The pictures were not taken with the iPhone. The pictures were taken with a digital camera back in 2007, and the user downloaded the pictures to iPhoto. Then the user used iPhoto to make several albums and synced the albums to the iPhone. The albums on the iPhone say, From My Mac.

The user no longer has that Mac with the original photos. So now the only copies of photos are on the iPhone. Sadly, both iPhoto and Photos can only access the pictures that were taken with the iPhone.

The only way I've found to get the photos off the iPhone is to upload them to Google Drive. Sadly, this process takes awhile and is rather tedious.

So is there a way to access the albums either using iPhoto, Photos, or some other application?

2. ckc macrumors regular

3. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Couldn't you plug the iPhone into a computer and navigate to the photos and just copy/paste?
    Couldn't you turn on iCloud and then go to iCloud to download from there?

Last resort. Use Google Drive or One Drive or Dropbox or Box or Flickr or Photobucket etc and turn on Cloud backup. Connect to wifi. Set the phone down. Wait until all the photos are uploaded and then like my post.