How do you get ringtones on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vegastouch, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I am kinda new to an iPhone and right now just have the first gen. Doesnt seem to be a way to use your songs as ringtones and the ones i see on itunes are stupid christmas ringtones and other lame ones when i do a search of ringtones.

Am i doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place? I have a jailbroken phone with the 2.1 firmware and there arent many ringtones to choose from on that. Only about a dozen cheesy ones.

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

convert a song to AAC in iTunes, alter the start/stop times to make a 30 second clip (in the song's get info window), export it to your desktop, change the file type from .m4a to .m4r, and import the file back into iTunes.

Next time try a search

3. Vegastouch thread starter macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Thanks, the search worked well. Just thought it would be much easier like it is on all other phones.

4. Macgic macrumors 6502

If your Jail broken use PhoneZap it can create RT from you ipod library and you can choose what part of the song too!

5. plwebb macrumors newbie

plwebb

Or you could download iPhoneRingToneMaker. It's $7.50 right now. Since it's .99 for each ringtone at iTunes it would be paid for soon.
    There may be others out there for free, Google for 'em.

6. Italchef macrumors 6502

If you use a Mac then you can make your own using Garageband. Dead easy and you can use whatever you want. Do a search and away you go.
    Mick

7. goobimama macrumors regular