How do you get Safari to scale-down large images?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevinwiz, Jul 2, 2007.

1. kevinwiz macrumors regular

2. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Hmm I opened it with safari and can see the entire image witha perfect fit (no scrolling available). If the pic is too large, you can normally jsut click on it once and it'll fit to screen.

3. kevinwiz thread starter macrumors regular

4. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

That worked in Safari 3.0, but now in 3.1 it no longer seems to be the case. Now for me images are loading unscaled. A few days ago, I discovered a trick to toggle between actual size and fit-to-window, but I can no longer remember what I did.

Can anyone with Safari Version 3.1 (5525.13) toggle between full-size and scaled images? I find nothing at all in the Help system.

P.S. Here's an image to test with:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Damselfly_October_2007_Osaka_Japan.jpg

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

6. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Attached Files:

8. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

9. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I found it.

I have PithHelmet on Safari 3.1 using the unsupported hack. Once I removed it, the image scaling worked fine.

Now to decide which I want more... image scaling or an ad-free experience. :(

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i vote for later.

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Try Safari AdBlock :)

12. StrongBad macrumors member

I was gonna say, I have Version 3.1 (5525.13) and it works A-OK.

Seriously tho, why block ads? Sure, popups and such are annoying, but usually only show up on unsavory sites. The banner or tile ads on allot of sites help support the cost of running that site. It your prerogative if you want to turn them off, but aren't sites like macrumors missing out on revenue when you do so?

13. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

I'm down with that, and I have no real objection to ads in my web browsing.

But what I have a lot of trouble with is heavily-animated and/or flashing images that are trying to draw my attention away from the content I am trying to read. As long as advertisers try to make the web unusable for me, I feel obliged to get rid of them (or at least, as PithHelmet somewhat allows, to stop their animations).

14. StrongBad macrumors member

I can agree with that. I suppose the ones that make noise do drive me crazy. "You have just won an iPod nano....." ugh, not another one!