How do you get the timed Passcode Lock to actually work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Before you jump all over me... I tried searching for my answer and I couldn't find it.

Anyways... so here it goes. I put a passcode lock on my iPhone but, instead of having it come up immediately, I set it to come up after 1 minute. I let my iPhone sit for 1 minute and the lock never comes up. I can unlock it without a password and use it for as long as I want without the passcode coming up. Anyone know what's going on with this?

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

AFAIK the timed lock only kicks in when you put the iPhone to sleep (or shut it down). If you wake it within the alloted time, you won't get the lock. If you wake it after the allotted time, you will.

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I figured that out a few minutes ago. I originally thought the time lock would kick in while you're using your iPhone, but I actually prefer it the way they made it. That's why I couldn't get it to work, because I didn't leave my iPhone sleeping long enough, I thought it had to be awake for it to work. Thanks though.

4. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

lol
    I can just imagine the amount of moaning, whining and Apple S*CKS!!!!! that would be going on on these forums if that was the case.
    :D

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

You can "imagine"? You don't have to imagine, just look around.

6. fjk macrumors regular

TheSpaz is an appropriate SN. A little quick on the trigger there...

7. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work, so I searched around... couldn't find my answer and by the time I got back to my iPhone, I realized what happened.

8. suburbiton macrumors member

The search on MacRumors is rubbish. I never manage to search and find what I want.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

In-forum search sucks.

MRoogle rocks.

http://mroogle.*************