How do you guys clean your silicone cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sneak3, Jan 8, 2015.

1. sneak3 macrumors 6502

Oct 14, 2011

Just got a brand-new white silicone case to match my white iphone and, godamn, it's freaking beautiful. I could spend a day just looking at that combo.

However, I soon realize after 2 days that it picks up a lot of dirt and small stains. Not even talking about lint, that I knew beforehand.

Carrying it all day in my pocket or leaving in regular daily surfaces, which I could see no dirt in the first place (if there was dirt, I'd never put the iphone on it).

But really I had no idea it would catch dark spots/marks that easily. I tried rubbing with my finger and nail and it didn't quite work.

What is the best way to clean it so I dont end up tearing it or scratching it deeply?

ps: If someone knows about any other white case similar to the white silicone, PLEASE TELL ME.
  2. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

May 18, 2011
  3. sneak3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 14, 2011
    I dont know what that means in my country. Neutral liquid soap maybe?
  4. shawnpuerto macrumors member

Dec 2, 2014
    Not sure if you have windex or something like that. That's what I use.
  5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Feb 21, 2012
    Behind the Lens, UK
  6. sneak3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 14, 2011
    scrubbing brushes are usually too big to be precise. Do you think I could do it with a soft toothbrush?

ah alright, I might have something like that. So you put windex into a piece of cloth and rub?