Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capps

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2008
Nobody I know uses AIM, it's all about MSN or at lease Skype. And if they're not into that it's always Facebook or Myspace.
I really like the idea and style of iChat, but I can't talk to myself! Do you guys seriously use it to talk to AOL screen names? How do you find uses for it?

I use iChat for AIM. But I agree with you and find it annoying that everyone uses something different.. then if you try to accomodate everyone and have a AIM account, Yahoo account, MSN account, Facebook account, Myspace account, ICQ account, etc etc etc then you're a nerd for using all of them. To make it simple, I use Facebook but I keep the chat feature turned off. I use AIM for chatting with friends and I use GMAIL chat to talk to my wife because she doesn't like people messaging her.

sonspot

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2009
Toronto, Ontario Canada
It all depends on where you're from.

AIM seems to be more popular in the U.S.
Yahoo and MSN seem more popular in the U.K.
Skype is getting more popular just about everywhere, slowly.

But truthfully, I hardly use AIM anymore, in favor of Facebook Chat. If anything, I wish Apple would implement Facebook Chat to work. I know that I can do this using Adium, but I can't video chat with Adium. Or screen share with Adium. So... we all lose.

correction AIM used to be popular, cannt think of one person i know using AIM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.