How do you guys manage iTunes syncs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by modit, Mar 14, 2011.

1. modit, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

modit macrumors 6502

I'm just starting to build my iTunes library from scratch (first laptop!) and I need your advice.

1. What folders does my Mac automatically sync to my iPhone and what should I sync? (I plan to sync my own growing video and music collection and not having every video and sound file from my mac end up on my iPhone).

2. How does Home Sharing work and does every file in my iTunes library become viewable to other family members? (I want to sync some videos and apps to share with others without erasing the device each time).

3. How do you do file management when you want to show some videos VIA TV but not view all the videos on your mac? (Do you hide the video folder or do you just setup a folder, drag the video and then show others?)

Thank you!

EDIT: Wait...do I just drag and drop media into iTunes and it will sync up and could I also just drop media into my iTunes media folder to do the same?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Syncing iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with iTunes
    iTunes: Understanding Home Sharing

3. modit thread starter macrumors 6502

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not sure what you mean by the 3rd question. Even if you have videos in your iTunes library, you can choose to play them with iTunes or with other apps. Depending on how you're set up with your TV, you can show videos on your Mac or on your TV.