How do you guys transport your Pencil?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EdisEdward, Dec 17, 2015.

1. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

I currently have a macbook air sleeve i put my ipad pro in jsut bc it has a zipper for the pencil...i want to stop using the sleeve but havent found a good way to transport the pencil to work everyday. thoughts?

2. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Would have been nice for Apple to think of that one ahead of time. My pencil already broke and I won't be able to get another for "4-5 weeks". Screw that...I think I'll just return everything.

Simple idea Apple:

[​IMG]

3. davideotape macrumors 6502

switcheasy coverbuddy came yesterday im already using mine more

4. TheMissionMan macrumors member

You can do that with the Apple Pencil (not the same spots though). The point is if you are carrying an iPad Pro (or a surface), the pencil will fall off.

So far I use a SP stylus loop.

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

6. David58117 macrumors 65816

I bought a slipcase with a pocket and stuck it in there.

Worked well..

7. nuvolari7 macrumors newbie

8. aw3524 macrumors member

I do this as well. It's very inelegant, though.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

10. bensisko macrumors 65816

Yep - Except it's EXTREMELY unreliable on the Surface Pro 3. It works great... As long as you don't bump it in the least, make any movements beyond slow and slight, and the stylus is positioned juuuuuuust right.

Basically, you REALLY have to watch it. I learned that the hard way - luckily a very nice person at work saw the stylus fall off and returned it. The MUCH BETTER feature is the clip - I clip it to the groove in the keyboard and it stays put!

11. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

True about the SP3 pen, but on the SP4 that is vastly improved. It has a super strong hold that you can't fling off...you should check it out if you haven't.

That said, I also agree about the clip. If no magnet, something like this at the very least would have been extremely versatile. But alas, pencils don't come with clips do they? Generally speaking...

Typical Apple and their form over function battle.

12. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

The pen on the SP4 will not "fall off" at all unless you physically knock it off. This was a problem on previous models as we all know, but it can be improved upon.

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I just treat it like a pen or pencil, and throw it into the bag

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

not according to several reviews:

http://www.informationweek.com/mobi...-pro-4-what-critics-are-saying/d/d-id/1322773

The pen itself is largely a welcome improvement, but the magnetic strip for storing it along the side of the Surface is not as strong as needed. Reviewers note the pen usually falls off the Surface .

15. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

16. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I have a little adhesive elastic loop attached to one of my iPP cases in to which I can slide the Pencil. My other case has a Pencil loop built-in. I also put a pocket clip on my Pencil so when I'm wearing a dress shirt at work I put the Pencil in my pocket like a pen. It's a tad long but otherwise does well there.

17. Zuri Sebastianski macrumors newbie

Zuri Sebastianski

This is definitely an issue. I have nowhere to put my pencil and I am paranoid about losing and breaking it.

18. Jax44 macrumors 6502a

Jax44

I use an old eyeglass bag with a slip tie at the end.

19. Precision Gem macrumors 6502

Precision Gem

Do you trust the magnet to hold the pen when putting the laptop in and out of a bag or backpack? Seems like a nice solution for holding the pen while working on the desktop, but for traveling I would think it would get knocked off.

20. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

I was thinking of stealing the loop off one of those notebooks (paper ones) that have the elastic strap on the side for storing a pen. I was gonna try and stick it to the back of my Logitech Create keyboard. Hopefully non-permanent.

21. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

22. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

What do people do with normal pencils? Do they email the manufacturer of the pencil and rant about how it should have a magnet to attach to their notebook?