How do you handle youtube spammers/scammers/etc

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OliverOSX93, Aug 29, 2010.

1. OliverOSX93 macrumors regular

I'm a keen member of YouTube and it does my head in when I see people (whom normally don't talk or show themselves) offering things like "2 27inc I7 iMacs" or "5 nintendo DS's" if you subscribe to them. their videos often contain nothing more than pictures from Google images badly edited in windows movie maker to have subtitles.

I tried Vblogging once and I was constantly being shoved off of youtube's search results by these p****s making claims they know were false.:mad:

how do you deal with these people? I report them as hate preachers and leave YouTube a message on how they need to make reporting users better. that hasn't actually failed me yet but I would rather report them more directly than have to force YouTube to notice them.

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Usually there's just too many of them for YouTube to handle. What really annoys me on YouTube is the chain messages you get, like 'Just watched your latest video, it's totally awesome, but you should check out this channel' when I don't even make videos!

Because YouTube has gotten so big, it's hard to stop spammers and the like. It's just something we'll have to deal with as users, I'm afraid :(