How do you have your MX Revolution assigned?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shinji, Apr 19, 2008.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I bought a Logitech MX Revolution today, and I'm still getting the hang of it.

I have the top scrollwheel's click set to switch between normal scroll and free-scroll, the bar-shaped button on top set to do cmd+tab, the two side buttons set to do dashboard and expose, and I'm not sure what to do with the side scroll-wheel...ideas?

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I use Steermouse (awesome drivers) and also use the button below the scroll wheel for cmd-tab. However, I use the side scroll wheel up for Expose and down for show all Spaces. I use the side scroll wheel button press for Dashboard. Then I use the two side buttons for iTunes volume up and down.

When I am on one of my Windows machines here in the house I often find myself subconsciously pushing up or down with my right thumb for the non-existent side scroll wheel on those machines, so reliant have I become on my Revolution MX.

It's the best mouse I've ever owned.

3. shinji thread starter macrumors 65816

shinji

I set it to control coversutra...side scroll does previous/next song, and pressing it does play/pause.

Still kind of awkward though. I didn't bother ever installing Logitech Control Center, so I'm not sure what the defaults are.

One other thing...do you ever turn the mouse off? I've just been putting it in the cradle when not in use and leaving it on.

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

No, I never turn the mouse off. Like you, I put it in the cradle when I am going to be away for an extended time or overnight.

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I'm really happy with the mouse as well, it seems to shut down when you don't use it for a while and then it won't waste battery.

6. inkhead macrumors regular

Absolutely positively DO NOT use the logitech drivers. If you have them installed, UNINSTALL them right away. They use Unsanity APE, which can destroy your system on leopard and installs an extension inside of System>Framework and violates apple's programming guidelines.

Not to mention it will break growl, textmate, and hundreds of apps that you install afterwords will be crippled by LLC

7. chris y. macrumors regular

Man I have had the logitech LLC installed for about 3 weeks now. I wish they wouldnt have put it on their website to DL. And after finding this out, I am beginning to wonder if it is the reason my macbook pro hangs on shutdown from time to time.

8. shinji thread starter macrumors 65816

shinji

Yeah I searched here before I got the mouse to see how people liked it, went with steermouse right away.

9. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

While I agree that Logitech's drivers are total crap (strange considering the incredible quality of their hardware) I've heard that Unsanity APE is no longer bundled with the latest drivers.

That said, it still does stop Growl notifications as well as Mail.appetizer from working. They also do not allow me to use my mouse in MAME. The Steermouse drivers are phenomenal and allow you to program every single button and wheel on the MX Revolution.

10. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I dunno? I never had any problems with LCC. I had a MX500 and now have a VX Revolution and other than the kernel panic that I got when I first connected the VX, I have had no issues. (I had to update my version of LCC).