How do you hide the default Photo's app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by turkeysnake, Aug 10, 2011.

1. turkeysnake macrumors newbie

turkeysnake

I've been trying to do this for the past 2 days, and nothing works. The reason is because I want a VERY minimalistic design on my phone, but all that's left is that god damn yellow sunflower.
    SBSettings doesn't even have the Photo's app as an option for hiding, and I installed Poof! separately, and while it DID have the Photos option, it was completely ineffective, and didnt hide anything at all :mad:

I also found another method, which involved adding the following lines of code into the Info.plist under MobileSlideShow.app

<key>SBAppTags</key>
    <array>
    <string>hidden</string>
    </array>

But that rendered the app COMPLETELY useless. Although this did remove the icon, it also removed the accessibility to 1300 photos. I was considering using a different photo application, but then I wouldn't be able to upload photos using Facebook, and stuff like that.

So, any of ya guiz know a solution? Or am I going to have to live with this stupid sunflower on my screen forever? ;_;

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I didn't know SBSettings wouldn't hide the Photos app, but mine doesn't either. What about creating a blank icon.png for it, you would still be able to tap that spot and open it, but you wouldn't have the icon? Or if you just don't like the sunflower icon, replace it with a better one?

3. turkeysnake thread starter macrumors newbie

turkeysnake

Hmm, that might work.
    How would someone go about doing that? Or maybe you could direct me to a thread about it?
    Sorry, im just not sure where to look :confused:

4. baker.d13 macrumors newbie

This worked for me.

install Infinidock where you can have mulitple pages on your dock the select 4 icon as normal then put photos app on page 2 and set it so its on page 1 by default then if you want photos scroll right and there it is
    hope this could work for you