iPad mini How do you hold the Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Amplelink, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

So how are you folks holding the Mini during normal usage? I find that I have to hold the screen closer to my face than with the Air because of the smaller screen. But then that sort of defeats the purpose of the smaller form factor because I have to hold the Mini up to use it as opposed to resting my Air on some surface. Just curious how people are holding their Minis.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

With my hands! :D

Seriously, I use the Mini as much sitting at the desk, with it sitting on the Logitech keyboard/cover/stand (like now) as I do when I'm mobile, holding it with my hand. Both are comfortable and easy on these old eyes.

3. THFourteen macrumors 6502

I use mine on trains or sofa or bus or whatever so there is never a surface to rest it on anyway. Hold one handed for reading and two handed landscape for games.

that's why I got a mini and not an air!

4. JSalig macrumors 6502

I hold all of my hand-held devices the same distance from my face regardless of size. Personally I'd never even buy a tablet/phone that I had to hold less than 1 foot away.

5. iCarabma macrumors 6502

I hired a guy to hold mine. Not cheap but my arms don't get tired.

6. mpantone macrumors 6502

I rest my iPad mini on the cleavage of my wife -- Morgan Fairchild. Whom I've slept with.

7. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

To read iBooks I hold it in portrait. For web browsing I always hold in landscape because the resolution is much better that way.

For reading magazines (eg. Zinio) I hold it in portrait and zoom in by double tapping the page.

National Geographic pisses me off because it forces you to read in landscape only and you cannot zoom.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

If I'm reading a eBook, I usually hold my Mini in my left hand. However, if I'm typing an email or composing a tweet, I'll grip the Mini with both hands so I can type with both of my index fingers.