How do you hold your 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lightz39, Sep 27, 2014.

1. lightz39 macrumors regular

Hey all with the complaints of the size of the 6+ I'm just curious how you hold it when you use it. Personally I have two ways. When I'm just quickly looking through something like twitter or whatever I hold the phone up on my pinky and rest it back on my three fingers while using my thumb to scroll. I've always done this with my phones though. I actually have no issues reaching things with this method using reachability. If I'm texting or doing something for a longer period of time I'll hold it with my left hand and scroll around with my finger on my right hand.

2. Shan S. macrumors member

I actually do the exact same two methods most of the time.

I also have found that I can pretty much do a lot of one-handed items by kind of palming the edge of the phone and placing it in a bit of an angel to the thumb.

By doing this it slides up and down a bit on the palm of the hand and I can pretty much get to all the icons with out using reachability...

3. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

At first, I held my 6 Plus as I held my 5S by grasping the sides with my fingers, pinky on the bottom, and using my thumb, but I could only reach the area of a 5S and could not press the home button easily.

I have since adjusted and found new ways of holding the Plus. I'm having less thoughts of exchanging for a 6. Basically, I have to hold it less securely.

I also hold it like you. Instead of the grasping the sides with three fingers, I could reach the other side with my thumb by resting the back of the Plus on three fingers and pinky on the bottom.

I could reach the top and bottom with my thumb by balancing the back of the Plus on all four fingers, but the Plus has to stay fairly horizontal.

One hand use is also possible by holding the top of the Plus with the tips of your fingers and pressing it against your torso or leg. My thumb could reach the whole screen and even the home button.

4. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I call that my 'pinky maneuver'! Balancing on the pinky is the way to go. I'm finding that the case I'm using has the perfect headphone port cut out for this maneuver. Resting the side fleshy part of my pinky fingertip in the port gives me added stability.

I also find myself doing dexterity exercises with the phone as well. Moving it in circles with my fingers, flipping it in my hand, just moving it around in both my left & right hands to get used to the size. I love my 6+. I don't want to return it. In th beginning I did think it was too big. Now I'm trying used to it.

5. Marli macrumors regular

In my right hand.. I have tried my feet but can't quite get it to work..

6. Konvictz macrumors regular

Yes, I have been doing that since my first iphone.

Not neccessarily because of reach but it allows for easy one handed typing.

7. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

I have stronger fingers and wrists after a week and less discomfort. 5S feels weightless.

8. lewshus macrumors newbie

I hold it the same way (resting on my pinky) whether texting or surfing around. I love reachability and can for the most part use the phone one handed.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

10. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

It's too big. I push it around in a wheelbarrow.

11. syphern macrumors 6502