How do YOU hold your Magic Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mew2468, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Mew2468 macrumors regular

I recently got a new Magic Mouse and I've been experimenting with different ways to hold it (after realizing resting my whole palm on it doesn't work).

At the moment, I'm grabbing the sides of the mouse with my thumb, ring, and pinkie fingers a little farther up the mouse than the Apple Logo, and hovering my index and middle fingers slightly above the surface of the mouse. I have my wrist resting on makeshift pillow so that my wrist is straight.

2. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

i hold mine like this. basically the same as you, but i think my hand is a little further up. depending on what i'm doing, i sometimes have my middle finger on the top right corner.

[​IMG]

also, my batter is at 18% after having it for a month.. :( i ordered Sanyo Eneloops today for it.

3. Garrett67 macrumors regular

I hold mine the same way, the heel of my palm rests on the desk.

4. pprior macrumors 65816

same here, I've got it turned way up sensitivity, so I rarely even move the palm of my hand.

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

i hold mine the same way i did my MS bluetooth mouse.

6. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

in other news, the mouse is a freaking energy vampire. one day with new batteries and its at 87%

7. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I use my thumb and ring finger to hold the sides (right in the middle), index where one would "click" and middle finger to "secondary click." Palm and little finger rest on the mouse pad (I have a glass desk)

8. mfb52 Guest

It's definitely not very ergonomic. I think the picture in this thread illustrates that well: you should be able to relax your hand when not actively using the mouse. This is an issue that has been raised by many reviewers, youtube videos, and other places, and it just seems to be a trade off that you get when you want a mouse with gestures...

9. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I find it very difficult to drag - for instance doing this puzzle http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/daily-jigsaw . In order to hold my mouse, my thumb is on the side of the mouse and is seen as pushing. It is just holding. Very frustrating.

10. Betfair39 macrumors newbie