How do you import photo stream photos to iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Jamie0003, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

I love the way photo stream works, but cannot for the life of me work out how to import these photos to iPhoto. it would save me time as i wouldn't have to connect my iPhone with USB.

Is there any way of doing this? I noticed that you can add photos to albums on the iPhone but theres no way of putting them in an album that already exists, and i can't work out how to import them at all on my mac.

Am i missing something?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If you have iPhoto 9.2 and turn on photo sharing in iCloud settings in System Preferences they should show up automatically.

3. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The photo stream shows up on my mac, but I want to import these photos, not keep them in the cloud as they get deleted after 30 days

4. jaykk macrumors 6502a

Did anyone notice, the photos doesn't show up immediately.. takes forever like 5 minutes.. Nothing like what they demoed.

5. hafr macrumors 68030

By default, all Photo Stream photos get automatically imported into an even called something in the lines of "Photo Stream [Month] [year]".

To manually import photos from the Photo Stream, you have to drag them to Events first, and then drag the event to an album.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

According to http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html they are automatically added to your mac iPhoto library and not removed from there after 30 days.