how do you install widgets on the touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by JCPH, Nov 10, 2007.

1. JCPH macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

hey all,

How do you get widgets on a touch? I dwnlded the widgets app but its empty, and I can't find any widgets in installer app. Do I need to connect to a different source? How can u do that?

Thx.

2. JCPH thread starter macrumors member

Also, how do u get mail app and have it down in the quasi-dock (instead of the iTunes store, for example). Will mail work with yahoo or msn? Sorry 4 the double post.

3. JCPH thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

anyone?

4. hecks macrumors regular

For getting mail.app - Google it, or search this forum for 'iphone apps'.

For ordering icons, install Customize.app - follow the instructions in the 'Customize App Works' thread in this forum.

5. jcs1088 macrumors regular

widgets: your going to need to sftp your ipod i use winscp, cyberduck if your on a mac. locate /var/root/Libary/Widgets, thats where your going to put your widgets. you can download widgets from apple's widget page or search on google.

to get the mail app to go on the dock your going to need to sftp your ipod again. download and install iorder. http://iorderapp.googlepages.com/

once you get it the way you want it save it to your desktop. open winscp and go to media_sym>system>libary>coreservices>springboard. look for N45AP.plist copy and paste it to your computer (just in case you mess up you'll have a copy of the original.) drag and drop the new plist into that folder and thats it.

username:root
    password: alpine