How do you interact with your Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Resqu2, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

For me the circle of icons is a mess and the dock is ok but I have discovered with two customized Watch faces side by side I never use the dock or the crazy useless circle of icons mess. I use mine like a Watch, track the 3 circles, start a run, walk or bike ride, see who's calling or respond to text nessages using the system replys or Siri. Really enjoying my watch, so much better than the Blaze I had before it.

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

Modular Watch face allows me to add most of the apps I use. I go to the dock for the rest. I have a simplified Watch face for weekends and evenings when email and messages aren't as important to me.

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Agreed about the Circle of icons. Its a complete cluster of annoyance. Hopefully Apple revamps this with Watch OS4.

And I prefer the Solar Watch face. Definitely my favorite.

4. Mr.Blacky macrumors regular

I rarely use the homescreen, but on the few occasions I do, I have no problem with it because my homescreen is very well organized! :)

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The only thing I ever do is say 'Hey Sir, what the hell time is it?'.:eek:

6. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

I only check the time or on an notification when it buzzes. The badgets stuff for working out was exciting at first. Now a year later i find em mostly annoying lol

I dont have a single App on mine as i am on my iPhone A LOT and its just not really handy to use

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ah, another fan of the Solar face! Glad to know more of us exists! :p

I just wish we could add complications to the Solar face. Being able to add even one would be nice.

Overall, I find Watch OS 3 to be faster and more polished then OS 2, but I miss the Activity glance. I kept that glance as the first one to show when I swiped up, so I could swipe up from any watch face to see my activity. Now, I have to scroll among my watch faces until I find the Activity face. I've ended up staying mostly on the Activity face, and miss having it all the time on the Solar face. :(

8. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

Rearrange the order of your watch faces so Activity and Solar are next to each other - then a single swipe left/right gets what you want. :cool: My first few (er, leftmost in the lineup) watch faces have most of the complications I ever use, so I rarely end up going to the dock or home screen.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, yes, that's what I did. But swiping sideways to go from one Watch face to another isn't as smooth as swiping up a glance. I find that half the time, I end up swiping down the Notification Center instead of moving to the next face.

Plus, I have several other watch faces I've set up to use from time to time. Activity can't be one swipe away from every single watch face.