How do you invoke Siri on new iPads pros?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by subjonas, Nov 4, 2018.

1. subjonas macrumors 68000

Anybody know this? Assuming you don’t want to use Hey Siri, how is this done without a home button? Same as iPhone X, by holding down the power button? If so, how do you turn off the iPad Pro? I don’t have an iPhone X but as I understand you turn it off by holding down power and volume buttons. That seems like a two handed affair for the iPad Pro.

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Can't imagine anyone using an iPad with one hand (unless on a table). So don't really see a problem

3. subjonas thread starter macrumors 68000

No, it wouldn’t be a huge deal considering one shouldn’t have to turn off their iPad often. But if I have the choice of a task being one handed or two handed, I don’t see why anyone would choose two. I’d think a double click or something would be better. Anyway, that’s really a tangent. I’m just trying to find out how these operations work now. Are you confirming I was right in regard to how you invoke Siri and how you turn off the iPad Pro?

4. AStaleyUK macrumors newbie

You can also turn the iPhone/iPad off from the Settings>General menu.

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

And I think you would still be able to use the "virtual home button" in the accessibility settings. But if you're going to talk to Siri, "hey Siri" is probably the easiest way.

6. subjonas thread starter macrumors 68000

What’s the other way? Hold down power button and volume button?

I don’t like using Hey Siri on my iPads, but holding down power button is easy enough, if that’s how it’s done—which no one apparently knows yet.

7. AceFernalld macrumors 68000

AceFernalld

It’s the same as iPhone X, hold down the power button. I saw it in a video somewhere.

8. subjonas thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for actually answering the question. Amazing how people seem to do anything but in these forums.

9. Evan becker macrumors member

i wonder if theyll add a keyboard shorcut to invoke siri.... man that would be so nice with type to siri