How do you jailbreak a 3gs with 4.0.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuseone, Sep 4, 2010.

1. fuseone macrumors member

I would like to know how I can jail break a iphone 3gs that has 4.0.2? thank you

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

As of right now. There is no way to jailbreak a 3Gs running 4.0.2.

3. ignus graius macrumors regular

You can use a custom build of PwnageTool to create a jailbroken 4.0.2 firmware to restore to. You have to be previously jailbroken using Pwnage, though. I just jailbroke my old 3GS last night on 4.0.2

4. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

Would this work since in iTunes I backed up my iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 if I restored the phone with that back up and just delete the content I don't want would that work?

5. ignus graius macrumors regular

My iPhone 3GS wouldn't restore using the iPhone 4 backup... iTunes gave me the option of restoring an old 3GS backup from June. Has your 3GS been previously pwn'd, and do you have the old bootrom?

6. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

Well this is a new 3GS but I think I have some old backups from my old 3GS. See the new one is my moms.

7. ignus graius macrumors regular

Bummer... sorry you're out of luck. The method I described only works if you're have the old bootrom and have been previously jailbroken.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, restore backups on itunes have nothing to do with SHSH's.
    You will not be able to restore your phone to anything but the latest firmware version unless you have your shsh blobs saved locally or thru cydia.
    The backups on itunes is just your contacts, texts and other info thats put back on the phone after its restored. Nothing to do with downgrading.