iPhone X How do you keep the screen clean?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Bah! I even compared my phone to other people’s phones, and see that their phones don’t attract as many fingerprints as mine, even when I’m the one touching it. I’m using a Belkin Screencare+ and it looks terrible. I use Whoosh spray to clean the phone every day too. Is it possible I have cleaned off all of the oleophobic coating? And they’re using some generic glass screen protectors

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
Wondering if I may have rubbed off the olophobic coating.. I have a thumb print on the right of the screen that keeps coming back. I've tried screen cleaners and water and everything I can think of. Not sure why but it keeps reappearing. It's like it's collecting grease more than anywhere else on the screen.

Sheboygan

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2016
St Louis, USA
Wear micro modal or other soft synthetic shirts and like other posters have said- wipe it on your shirt! I do that all the time and it works great.

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
The oleophobic coating doesn't last forever. You didn't say how old your phone is.
The best way I've found to keep it clean is to use damp rag (soak in water then wring out) to wipe the phone then use a soft cotton t shirt to wipe it dry. My phone is 3 years old & the screen almost still looks like new (after I wipe it as above)

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
It's freaking gross that some of you only use microfibers to clean your phones. That means your toilet is much cleaner than your phones :)

darthbane2k

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
and that’s the problem (same as I am facing) , the belkin in screen protector is terrible with fingerprints and smudges after a while. I’m convinced mine has even dulled the brightness of my screen and I may take it off this weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.