how do you know if a camera pic will be Geo Tagged?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrMister111, Dec 27, 2009.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

When taking a picture or a video on iPhone 3GS, how do you know if the camera pic will be Geo Tagged?

Do you just put location services to on, and then it will geo tag the pic/video?

How long do you have to wait after switching on location service before you know it has a fix for geo tagging the pic/video? its just I turn of location service to save battery

Also is there any way on the iPhone to tell you it is geo tagged? any info on pic/video to see the co-ordinates? or is this only viewable in iPhoto?

In fact how do you know if you have a GPS lock on for any app? I dont really want to have to start up Maps 1t after switching on Location Service to ensure I have GPS look for taking a quick pic? I would hope a status bar symbol would be shown?

I have done Apple>feedback asking for a status bar symbol to show when you have lock, please do the same

cheers

2. cleggster83 macrumors regular

cleggster83

Make sure you have location services turned on (camera). and all photo's and videos will be tagged with ur location.