How do you know when it's your phone that lost the call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Jul 22, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

sometimes I get call drops but idk if it's my end or not cause sometimes I get the lost signal tone other times I don't and I think the over person does. Is there even a lost signal noise

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you don't get a "call failed" message on the screen, then the call has dropped on their end.

If you DO get a "call failed" message, then the call probably dropped on your end.

The iPhone does give you three tones at the end of a call if you don't hang up first. That's just to let you know the call ended, and doesn't necessarily mean the call dropped.

Are you in an area that switches a lot between EDGE and 3G? The handoff between the two parts of the network has been known to be kinda risky in places where 3G was just launched. The situation does improve over time though as the network gets tweaked. A year ago, pre-iPhone, I was having occasional dropped call issues because of this, but haven't had a single one now.

3. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

In my past experiences with dropped calls...I continue rambling until I realize there isn't anyone on the other end...by the time i realized there wasn't anyone there, I was back at the main screen.

How long do these message relay for?

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

5. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Interesting.

It hasn't happened to myself in a while, I guess...I'll have to wait until it does. :(

6. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I've been seeing this a great deal with one of my contacts however she is convinced her phone is a POS and that's the problem.

7. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

we both had a call failed message and the retry button.