How do you lay your iPad 2 on table?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bizzways, Mar 14, 2011.

?

How do you lay down your iPad 2?

1. Face (smart cover) facing up

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Back (aluminum casing) facing up

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Bizzways, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

Bizzways macrumors member

Silly question, I know, but I'm curious what others are doing. When you lay your iPad on the table or desk, how does it lay? Do you put it face down so that the smart cover is on the surface of the table? Or face up so that the back of the iPad is on the table suface?

I find myself laying it facedown. I don't care if the smart cover gets scuffed up, that's what it is there for in my opinion, but I don't want the back of my iPad getting all scratched up. I also think the device looks prettier laying face down :D

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I only lay it down on a soft surface like a cloth. If I must lay it on a countertop, then it goes Smart Cover face down. I will never lay it directly on the back. One scratch and my OCD will go nuts...

3. insignificantMB macrumors member

my ocd

Im waiting on my invisi shield for the back but for now I only leave it on a towel or pillow.

4. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I think I picked the wrong option on the poll... Kinda confusing the way it's worded.

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

6. AF08 macrumors member

AF08

Yup

Same Here.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I fold the smart cover behind it and lay it down screen-side up.

8. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

thats what i thought most people would do. funny it's made out of "durable aluminium" yet we're putting it down on pillows so as not to scratch it. lol ah the lengths we'll go to.

9. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

10. Puonti macrumors 6502a

You're not concerned that should there be something on the table you lay your iPad on (say, fine-grained sand dust), it might stick to the smart cover and end up trapped between the cover and the screen when you close it up?

11. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

When it's not on the dock, if I am at some other table and need to put it down:

Screen facing up, but I am waiting for my sleeve to get here. When it does I will probably just use that as a layer between the table and the iPad, or just put it in the sleeve if I am not gonna be using it within the next 5-10 minutes.

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I just brush off the cover before I close it. Beyond that the screens are fairly impervious.

13. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I use the elago stand. Got them for the home and the office.

If it has to lay flat then i flip the cover around and put it screen up.

At the horsetrack saturday when I put it down I laid a program under it also.